Question
Posted by: | 2020/04/01

Is stress rash an actual thing?

I have a rash that has been flaring up for the last three days. I've read that it could be a stress rash - almost like hives. There are more than 10 contributing factors for it to be stress related. I have not changed any of my body cleansing products and it's only on my chest, neck and now stomach area. It flares up more often in the evening and has now moved to my head as well. Is there a natural way to ease the itch or burn or irritation?

Expert ImageAllergy expert
- 2020/04/03

Stress can certainly bring on rashes and itching. The most natural treatment would be a simple emollient such as Epimax (Cetomacrogol) and simple non-sedating once daily antihistamine such as Cetirizine. you may need to take this for a few weeks until the stress dissipates.