Question
Posted by: Teardrop | 2019/12/08

Glittering sensations in my chest

Hi doc, I don't know where to start or what to say. I just have this feeling that I must talk to someone or see someone. The past few days I have been getting these glittering sensations in my chest. Don't know if it's stress or what. Ok, let's start. My life these past 5 years have been hectic. Almost got divorced, my father passed away suddenly and I work in the oncology environment. So ja. Think everything is getting too much. Sleepless or just want to sleep, eat everything I see, moods and emotions. My dad passed after a short 2 months of sickness. I haven't made peace with it yet. Block it out will cry and force me to stop. We almost got divorced. But went for counseling and still together but the lack of intimacy he past year is having a toll on us. Sometimes I feel As if I'm not good enough for my husband or his job is to demanding. He has an erection problem. I hate sex but still feel the need sometimes and to be loved. I work in the oncology environment and it's difficult sometimes even if I'm not a nurse or sister. I don't know anymore. Advice perhaps, please.

- 2019/12/09

Hello Teardrop,
Surely further, broader, counselling is the way to go ? Also, you need to be properly checked out to be sure you're physically fit and mentally, too, as Depression often sneaks up on even the strongest among us ; it's common and usually responds well to treatment. It's also brilliantly effective at amplifying any symptom we might have, for whatever reason, and it encourages us to think negatively and gloomily about whatever any symptoms might represent. And it messes up our sleep, appetite and other aspects of bodily regulation.
Separate from, but often over-lapping depression is grief, and it would be very understandable after the unexpected loss of your dad. It takes time to complete the needed grief work, but counselling can help a lot. 
Just a thought, possibly relevant, or not : the symptom you describe, this "glittering" sensation in your chest : does it in any way resemble anything your dad experienced ? Or perhaps something you may have come across in any of the oncology patients you have encountered ?
Sometimes medication may help, but I'd see counselling as the best first step here