Question
Posted by: Torri | 2019/03/20

Insecurity issues

I've been with my current boyfriend for about 9 months now. He really is a genuine sweet guy and don't think he'll ever do anything to hurt me, however lately i feel my anxiety and insecurities are getting in the way of my relationship. I've been cheated on multiple times from previous relationships and find it hard to completely trust my S.O. I've consulted a shrink and chatted to her in the past regarding my issues (personal, family and work related) and she put me onto Serdep. It seemed to have helped my anxiety for a few months, but lately my overthinking and feeling depressed has been overwhelming. Almost every night i have nightmares of my boyfriend either cheating on me or loosing interest in our relationship. It's crippling waking up every morning feeling unwanted.I feel so insecure particularly around his female friends and not good enough for my bf that I've even started changing my hair colour to blonde because I've heard my bf loves blondes (I'm brunette). I've spoken to him about all my issues and he seems understanding. He comforts me as much as he can, but i understand the issue lies with me. I just feel so lost and really don't know what to do to overcome my demons, even though I'm trying so hard.

- 2019/03/20

Hi Torri,
If the shrink you saw gave you Serdep, then she was a psychiatrist, rather than a psychologist ( who could not prescribe ). Maybe she properly diagnosed you as suffering from Depression ; otherwise antidepressants like Serdep simply don't help relationship problems, or unhelpful lasting reactions to previous bad experiences.
You seem to be describing major problems with low self-esteem and self-confidence which no drug could help, but which can be greatly helped by seeing a psychologist or counsellor using CBT methods, to help you to review and revise the bunch of unhelpful and false assumptions you have made about yourself, and give you the skills to leave your earlier bad experiences behind in the past, where they belong, rather than carrying them in your backpack