Question
Posted by: | 2019/07/26

Infertility

I had Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy 1 month ago, they found nothing wrong. Hubby was given prelox for 85% damaged sperm. I was due my period 4 days ago and the month is almost over. Is it the operation or could it be positive pregnancy?

- 2019/08/08

Dear Anonymous,

The late period could be as a result of the surgery but seeing as though no real pathology was found at the time of the surgery you should most definitely do a pregnancy test. Sometimes just the lapscope procedure especially if the tubes were flushed and slight dilatation of the cervix with hysteroscopy can make all the difference and assist with natural conception.

Answered by Dr T Mohamed