Question
Posted by: mitul | 2018/12/19

Increase in sperm motility

I'm diabetic and have low sperm motility. I want to increase my motility. How do I increase to make my wide pregnant. 

- 2019/01/21

Dear Mitu,

Diabetes has been shown to negatively affect male fertility. It can affect sperm counts, motility and has also been associated with increased DNA fragmentation. Glucose metabolism plays an important role in spermatogenesis, The best way to overcome these problems is to ensure strict glucose control. Your diabetes must be well managed in terms of adequate medication, and lifestyle factors: a healthy balanced low glycaemic diet, supplementation of essential macro and micro-nutrients, excercise and weight control is of utmost importance. Additionally assisted reproductive techniques can be utilised such as sperm washing and intrauterine insemination or in-vitro fertilisation.

Answered by Dr T Mohamed