Question
Posted by: Ineed tosleep | 2020/01/29

I never feel rested

Hi Doc I have battled with sleep my entire life. My parents tell stories of going to work like zombies as a result of my never wanting or being able to sleep much. As a 41-year-old male, I am still battling. I often battle to fall asleep, and even when I do and I believe I have gotten a good night's sleep, I still feel like I have not rested. I am not drinking any alcohol, I have my last cup of coffee at lunch time and have 4 cups a day starting at 5:30am. I exercise regularly. I drink plenty of water. I now take a molipaxon 50mg every night to help me sleep, I take this at 8pm. What else can I do?

- 2020/02/13

It is a terrible feeling, not feeling rested (and I can empathise with your parents too :-) ). I wonder if you might have some kind of sleep apnoea, causing this feeling of never being rested. I suggest that your GP refer you for 'sleep studies' to confirm this diagnosis. Good luck.