Question
Posted by: Alex | 2019/10/28

I need a second opinion please

Good Afternoon Dr Stewart I went to see a gynae recently and had a pap smear and the results came back abnormal and then i had a colposcopy and got the results back. The gynae was very offhand and seemed to be all over the place, and never gave me a clear indication as to how to proceed. The results said this: Features of human papilloma virus infection and low grade squamous Intraepithelial neoplasia (Cin 1) No features of an invasive squamous cell carcinoma Backround features of moderate to severe chronic papillary endocervicitis I just wanted to get your opinion on how i proceed here. Do i need surgery to burn the cells off? or do i just go back for a follow up pap smear in 6 months? Thank you!

- 2019/10/30

With CIN 1, the usual course is to repeat the pap smear in 6 months. It looks like you also have an infection though, which will require antibiotic treatment.