Question
Posted by: Lukas | 2018/03/20

I put Vicks in my nose, will I be okay?

I heard your not meant to shove Vicks vapor rub up your nose to relieve symptoms-unfortunately I heard that too late. Is this true? Is there something I should do? I put a generous scoop around my nostrils and partially into my nose. I also put lots on the chest and chin which I now know is ok. I'm just wanting to check there's nothing I should do as I just read you should never do what i did with the nose

- 2018/03/25

Hi Lukas

You will be okay, it will just burn and sting and the intense fumes might make you feel strange/nausea - but if it was only the one time, I do not think you should worry, just dont do it again. :-) You could have rinsed the nostrils with water, but it might have spread the vicks to the back of your throat. Good luck and I hope you feel better by now.