Question
Posted by: | 2019/03/22

I have melasma on my nose how ca i remove it

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert
- 2019/04/24

Thank you for the question and my sincerest apologies for not answering sooner. We normally receive an email notification when a question has been asked but there seems to have been an IT glitch and I never received a message that your question was asked.

Melasma is difficult to treat and your best option would be to see a dermatologist who can discuss the various treatment options.

A topical approach will include sun avoidance and applying a good SPF 30 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. Generally speaking, we do see good results with a combination of topical vitamin C and vitamin A, and one may have to add hydroquinone 2% or 4% to this regime. Unfortunately, hydroquinone may have side effects such as sun sensitivity and even allergic reactions.

One may also consider fractional laser to lighten the Melasma.

Kind regards

Dr Alek Nikolic