Posted by: Adri de Klerk | 2018/02/06

I have been coughing the last 13 years - every day

I have been to numerous Dr's and specialists and have tried several heartburn medications and asthma pumps, and although they do make a very small difference, I'm still coughing. I have lost faith that someone can help me. I also went for food intolerance tests, which showed intolerance for yeast. Yeast is in almost everything you eat. It is extremely difficult to cut it out completely. What would you suggest. I am not on any blood pressure medication.

Expert ImageCough Expert
- 2018/02/21

One potential cause could be chronic rhinosinusitis with post-nasal drip.  I suggest you see a qualified pulmonologist who may be able to help.  Treatment of the condition I mentioned consists of antihistamines and nasal sprays.  Alternatively, it could be due to some other chronic lung condition including bronchiectasis.