Question
Posted by: | 2019/03/16

Severe cough 6-7 months ago

I had a severe cough for more than 6-7 months. I consulted many doctors and they say it is due to dripping in the throat. It suddenly stopped by itself but now I cough now and then but especially when I lie down I cough and taste blood in the mouth. My neck area also itches often.

Expert ImageCough Expert
- 2019/03/18

If the cough seems to get worse when you are lying down then it might be acid coming up the food pipe. Alternatively you might have a chronic post-nasal drip. There could be other causes and you need to see you doctor to sort through these.