Question
Posted by: | 2018/08/26

Toothpaste burn?

I got a toothpaste burn on my nose after applying a dot to my blemish... in the process of getting rid of a dark spot that I have? What should I do?How do I get rid of the tooth paste burn —- it’s red and stinging? And I really want my blemish to go away without lasers and peels? I have a party coming up in 2 weeks and it is quite embarrassing?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert
- 2018/09/22

Thank you for the question and my sincerest apologies for the delay with my response. We normally receive an email notification from health24 when a question is posted but unfortunately there seems to have been a technical issue as I never received the notification.

I am presuming that considering the length of time that the rash has settled but if not please let me know.

Most contact rashes disappear once you stop applying the product but occasionally may require steroid and antibiotic topical creams.

Blemishes can include pigmentation marks or acne breakouts so please let me know which of the two is concerning you. Unfortunately, with both of this resolution process is fairly slow. Acne breakouts can be controlled with spot treatments while pigmentation neds a combination approach of depigmenting topical products.

I hope the above has helped.

Kind regards

Dr Alek Nikolic