Question
Posted by: Ghulam Hassan | 2019/03/19

Heavy sneezing and runny nose

I am suffering from heavy sneezing and runny nose since 2008. It happened continuously with very short intervals like after ever 2 or 3 days. After the sneezing starts, I have to wait for 2 to 3 hrs and then I take 2 dissolvable aspirin (dissolved in water) and within 10 to 15 mints there is no more sneezing and runny. On the other hand, if I take this medicine before 2 to 3 har than its ineffective. I went to an allergy center and they diagnose me with dust allergy but unfortunately, I didn't continue the treatment because I relocate from my home country to Saudi Arabia. Here I tried to find any allergy center but I couldn't. Kindly I need some medical advice and treatment for that. Thanks

Expert ImageAllergy expert
- 2019/03/28

If allergic to house dust mites, and this is the cause for your allergic rhinitis, then you should respond to reducing dust mite exposure in your pillows and bedding. A nasal steroid spray will help control the allergy, such as Beclomethasone, Mometasone or Fluticasone and these may be available without prescription in Saudi Arabia.