Question
Posted by: Gert | 2018/05/11

Pulmonary embolism

I am on warfarin since February 2018. Leaving the hospital it was 4.87. Last month it was 1.6 and today 1.2. Is that safe or what is happening with my nr I had hip replacement in Jan 2018. As a result I landed up with pulmonary embolism. Was in ICU for 3 weeks.

- 2018/06/20

Hi Gert

No, it is a bit low. Usually for DVT and pumonary embolism it has to be between 2 and 3. It could be that some of your medication is affecting the uptake of warfarin, so I would just check with your GP what the problem could be. Good luck and I am happy that you are okay, you have been through a very tough time.