Question
Posted by: | 2020/06/29

Fertility treatment

I am on fertility treatment as a surrogate and we had a negative pregnancy test on Friday so the Dr told me to stop all medication. Can my husband and I become pregnant if we have sex now? The thing is, we had our third and final inplant which tested negative and my husband and I had sex last night and now I am afraid that we ourselves can get pregnant because we were not using a condom, but according to me I already ovulated when they did the inplant but would just like to make sure. Maybe I should get the morning after pill?

- 2020/07/06

Dear Anonymous,

From the history you have provided it is not possible for you to have conceived through that specific act of unprotected sex. Since you have stopped all your medication you will likely bleed in the next few days. Thereafter if you wish to avoid pregnancy please ensure that you use a reliable source of contraception.

Answered by Dr Mohamed