Question
Posted by: Janine | 2019/05/07

I am a pregnant, not sure if this is a miscarriage or menstrual cycle

Hi, I have been off the contraceptive pill for 3 months. My previous 3 period cycles were the same as when I was on the pill. This month my period was 4 days late and in this time I experienced bloatiness. At the end of the 4th day it seemed I might be experiencing implantation bleeding followed by cramping. I thought I may be pregnant but on the end of the 5th day it seemed my period arrived which still continued on day 6. Other current symptoms include mild headache, a bit of nausea (I am usually also nauseous due to stress), very aware of my breasts. I am very confused what to do next as my period was always on time. Please help.

- 2019/05/15

As you had an unusual period, I would suggest that you do a pregnancy test, though this is unlikely. It may be that the Pill is now out of your system and your body is readjusting. I would suggest that you wait and see what happens next month.