Question
Posted by: Konduri Preetham | 2019/02/14

Cough

How can we get rid of a cough which has been around for more than 1 month? My mother is suffering from a cough for 1 month, she also consulted a good pulmonologist from Asian Institute of Gastroenterology. He has medicated a low dose antibiotic such as montek lc and augmentin, but the cough is still getting tougher, please give me a solution for this. I can't watch my mother suffer from this.

Expert ImageCough Expert
- 2019/02/15

Common causes of cough include post-nasal drip and acid coming up the food pipe. Sometimes it's due to a  lung disease like asthma, but your pulmonologist would have probably covered these bases. Cough can often occur as a side effect of some blood pressure medication. You need to go back to the pulmonologist and discuss the various tests and options with him.