Question
Posted by: Elisa | 2018/05/28

How can I tell if my pain is a cyst or hernia?

I have PCOS and had a bilateral laparoscopic tubal ligation 4 month’s ago. Days after the surgery, I had a very sharp pain in my left lower abdomen/groin area. It only lasted about an hour and then I just had regular soreness from the incisions. This month, I have twice experienced intense pain in this same area again. This weekend, I have had the pain since yesterday afternoon; it comes and goes, sometimes very intense, sometimes dull, and sometimes sharp (when I move certain ways, bend, or have to use the restroom). I originally thought it was just cysts caused by PCOS, but my husband thinks it may be a hernia. How can I tell?

- 2018/05/28

You probably can't You need to see a  doctor who will examine you and make an assessment.