Question
Posted by: Rose | 2019/03/14

How much does cortizone injections cost?

In Durban, South Africa. My M.I.L has a frozen shoulder, she takes pain medication whenever the need arises. But i wanted to get her to take the injection for a long term relief. What are the procedure before the injection and are they necessary?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones
- 2019/03/21

Hi Rose

Her doctor needs to decide whether a cortisone injection is necessary or whether something else needs to be done. Cortisone can be a solution depending on the severity. If it is really painful she needs to see an orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in shoulders.