Question
Posted by: | 2018/09/18

High cholesterol

Hi there I would like to know if my cholesterol levels are normal? At highest my ldl is 5mmol and lowest is a 2mmol. Hdl has been 1.9 highest a 2. I'm a 26 year old female and have never struggled with cholesterol, just suddenly my doctor put me on medication. I can't even go watch movies as I am so dried out my eyes are so scratchy and red even when I put in eye drops. I can't believe that my body has to now function without any cholesterol?

- 2018/09/20

Your body will still have cholesterol, I think it might be the side effects of the medication that is causing the dry eyes, etc. You can discuss a different treatment option with your doctor. The LDL of 5mmol is high, it has to be below 3. Do you have a family history of cholesterol? Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.