Question
Posted by: Sharon Buis | 2019/06/18

Hi, The doctor diagnosed me with Longvliesonsteking,

I am 52, years a diabetic as well as hypertension, should I be concerned knowing my family has a history of heart problems, my passed away her heart stopped, my aunt had several chest pains which she disregarded, only to come find out that it was slight heart attacks she experienced, the pain on my chest seems severe it feels like my heart is working overtime, like heart palpitations, am I being paranoid if I want the doctor to do chest xray or an ecg just to make sure everything is alright I have been getting these pains since Saturday,

- 2019/06/20

Hi Sharon
No, you are not being paranoid at all. You have a family history of heart disease as well as diabetes and hypertension, which can predispose to heart disease. It is a good idea to do a chest x-ray as well as an ecg. Good luck and I hope that everything will be okay.