Question
Posted by: | 2018/07/02

Hemorrhoids during pregnancy

I am 32 weeks pregnant and struggling with hemorrhoids. I am unable to push it back and the Dr prescribed scheriproct and remicaine jelly. The Dr said that I would have to have it surgically removed after pregnancy. I am in extreme pain and cannot bear the thought of suffering like this for the next 7-9 weeks. I am also not sleeping due to the pain. Can an operation be done while pregnant? Scheriproct is not helping at all. Is there any other medicine that I can use or any advice please.

- 2018/07/05

There are some procedures that can be done in the doctors room without general anaesthetic. I suggest that you go to a surgeon for an opinion, because I agree that you cannot continue like this for the next 7 to 9 weeks. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!