Question
Posted by: Clara | 2019/05/23

Hello, I have had allergic reactions since September 2018

It's been 9 months now and nobody can figure out why. Most of my symptoms are swollen and red skin around the eyes and very itchy. Also, my eyes are very watery and red. Can I be allergic to maybe my new couch which I got just a week before the reaction started? It was also sprayed with the 3M Scotch guard. I cannot think of anything else I am doing, using or eating different. Thank you,

Expert ImageAllergy expert
- 2019/06/13

You could well be allergic to a chemical called Formaldehyde found in new furniture and fabrics. Thankfully it usually dissipates over time and then you will find your symptoms will settle.