Question
Posted by: pinar yildiz | 2019/11/01

Persistent Cough

Hello! I have been having coughs often, and when I do I feel tightness in my throat, as if I'm trying to get out a particle from my throat. Could this be asthma or can it be related with anxiety? I also did experience shortness of breath but I have no idea if it was related with my anxiety/ panic attacks. Thank you so much for your answer.

Expert ImageCough Expert
- 2019/11/04

While these symptoms may be associated with anxiety, often there can be an underlying cause.  The most common ones include chronic hay fever with post-nasal drip, acid coming up the food pipe, and asthma.  You need to see an experienced doctor to sort through these causes.  Sometimes the best way is to try a particular type of treatment.

1
Posted by: Postnasal drip | 2019/11/21

I started coughing with the beginning of the Summer season. It is definitely postnasal drip. Saline solutions did not help and N-acetyl systeine (ACC200) also did not. An antihistamine Allergecs (Loratadine) which does not make you sleepy works, but only for a few hours. Gargling with salt water or Listerine Antiseptic works only momentarily. Blowing the nose helps but it becomes painful after awhile. I have never had this problem before. Is this due to a pollen allergy?

Reply to Postnasal drip