Question
Posted by: | 2019/01/21

Heavy bleeding D&C/mirena

Hi, I had a D&C and Mirena inserted 7 days ago. Initially I had some light spotting and used a pantyliner, on the 6th, 7th and now 8th day I have heavy bleeding with huge blood clots and have needed to use pads. No pain just a lot of bleeding. I called my Gynae but she has not come back to me? I just wanted to know if this is normal. I'm severely anemic due to heavy periods hence the recommendation of the Mirena.

- 2019/01/23

It could be a  normal side effect. I presume that you are taking iron for your anaemia. I would suggest that you give it a  bit of time.