Question
Posted by: | 2019/06/13

Heavy Tremor and Numbness

Left Hand: Feb 2016: I felt a weakness and numbness in the small & ring finger of the left hand. Initially I thought this might be due to my wedding ring I wore at that hand. I took it off but the symptoms didn't go away. Feb 2016 - now: The symptoms have developed gradually to a heavy tremor while performing motoric tasks, which often stops when concentrating around 10s after reaching final position. I need to concentrate on the movement to be able to perform e.g. spreading of fingers. The tremor also occurs when eg. pushing a ball up a wall above the head. The strength while making fist is according to a chiropractics' measurement strong I feel no specific pain but sometimes have an awkward feeling in the wrist and on the back side of the elbow. I'm unable to type anymore with left hand. Right Hand: Jan 2019: Beginning of this year numbness / tingling started in the right hand as well with needle like pain at small and ring finger (I can't remember whether this was the case with the left hand though) The symptoms went away over night for around 6 month. Then they came back. Now I have a constant feeling that something is "overloaded" in the wrist (~Os Triquetrum). I also felt pain in the elbow and along Ulna inside along Nervus Ulnaris but sometimes also on the other side of Ulna. I feel like I'm loosing strength to spread the ring finger outwards. Left Foot: May 19: A numbness started in the big toe of the left foot. This didn't go away since then. ---------------- 1 Neurologist: - Conductivity test Ulnar nerv showed OK - MRI of Brain OK - Test for heavy metals - Negative - Lyme disease showed OK 2 Physical Therapy - Physical Therapy to strengthen hand and fingers for 6 weeks showed no impact --> Neurologist diagnosis after PT: essential tremor 3 Chiropractic: - X-Ray of head OK - X-Ray of neck showed mall bulge C4 and neck hyper mobility - Chiropractic 15 sessions / units building up neck strength showed no impact - Quit drinking coffee No impact - Quit Smoking, lower heart rate, mild impact 4 Internal Medicine (Homeopathic) - Test for Babesia (to be performed) Any advise would be much appreciated Michael

- 2019/06/20

It seems as if all the neurological tests are in order. Sometimes, a deficiency of Vit B can cause nerve pain or peripheral neuropathy. I suggest that you do a basic blood test checking your Vit B levels. Good luck and I hope that you find the answer soon.