Question
Posted by: | 2019/03/11

Heart vibration when sleeping

Hi, 'm almost 80 years old and I've found numerous people with the same problem as me and no cardiologist or doc can successfully diagnose the issue. When I sleep I get woken up by my heart vibrating. It almost seems as though it's idling. Im also off balance when I get up quickly. These heart vibrations only happen when I sleep. When I sit up they disappear. Please help.

Expert ImageHypertension expert
- 2019/03/19

You need a 24 hour Holter ECG. Usually done by cardiologists, you will carry and  sleep with this device  for a 24 hour period to try and pick up any strange dysrhythmias of the heart, which may need to be treated with a pacemaker.