Question
Posted by: Elaine | 2020/06/26

Chronic cough

Have a chronic cough for a few years now. Sneezing and a runny nose. Dr.says it is an allergy.. I HAVE alergy. Nothing seems to help. Inside and outside alergy. How can I get rid of it.should I see an ent Dr. Or allergist.

Expert ImageCough Expert
- 2020/07/10

Sounds like you have hay fever with a post-nasal drip.  It's a common cause of chronic cough and usually requires treatment with antihistamines and a steroid nasal spray.  Doing a skin prick allergy test may be worthwhile in case you are allergic to something avoidable like cats and dogs.  Speak to your medical practitioner.