Question
Posted by: | 2018/08/02

Struggling to orgasm

Hi i am 42 year old female. I never found it difficult to orgasm in the past but recently i have found it extremely difficult. I just get close and everything goes away. Please help

Expert ImageSex expert
- 2018/08/03

Hi. The most obvious answer is that you are beginning to go through hormonal changes (perimenopause), but this could only be assessed by a medical doctor. Other changes or challenges can also affect your ability to orgasm: new sexual partner, work/life stress, relationship issues, depression, or some chronic medication (to name a few). It is not clear whether you cannot orgasm at all, or just not during actual intercourse? If you can practise bringing yourself to orgasm during masturbation that may help. Make sure that you are relaxed when you do so, go slowly, focus on the whole experience rather than just on reaching climax, and use your imagination! Then do it again, and again.