Question
Posted by: NOSIPHO | 2018/11/08

Constant cough

Hi I have been coughing for over 3 weeks and I don't have an appetite for anything. My cough is not dry though. What can help me?  When I cough I sometimes throw up. I'm losing weight rapidly. 

Expert ImageCough Expert
- 2018/11/14

There are many causes of chronic cough.  A common one is post-nasal drip.  You could try an over the counter antihistamine to see it helps.  If not, you will need to see your doctors.  The fact that you are losing weight rapidly is concerning and you should definitely check this out.  Common causes of rapid loss of weight include diabetes, thyroid disease, cancers, and infectious diseases.