Question
Posted by: | 2019/09/15

H Pylori

Hi Doctor. I have H Pylori, and I am on two set’s of anti biotic. How do I know that the medication is working, been on it for three day’s, now. The side effect’s are really bad, though. Any advise on how to make it better, soon?

- 2019/09/18

It depends on how long the antibiotics have been prescribed. The medication should start to work within a week to 10 days. Remember that the H. Pylori has probably been in your stomach for a while, and it will take some time to get rid of it entirely, but the antibiotics will help. If the side effects of the medication are unbearable, then go back to the doctor to hear if there is an alternative. Good luck and I hope that you feel better soon.