Question
Posted by: | 2020/08/11

Getting too old?

Dear Doctor. I am 75 years old & been on prescription E.D medication for about 5 years. I am in reasonable health & all health issues are under control. Have regular doctor/specialist visits. Now find that this medication is not having the desired effect despite trying a couple of different "names". Does this mean the end of the healthy sex life my wife & I have enjoyed for the past 50 years? Am I just getting too old? Can you suggest anything? Thank you.

- 2020/09/09

Dear Sir

No, you are definitely not too old! If the different types of ED medication does not want to work anymore, then there are the injections that are available - you use them just before it is needed. It sounds terrible, but it is not - your Urologist or even GP will be able to provide you with a prescription. Good luck!