Question
Posted by: GERD | 2019/07/22

GERD

Dear Doc. I was diagnosed with Gastro esophageal reflux disease. I was put on Lancap30 mg and clopamon 10 mg. I was given only 5 of the Lancap capsules. I began to adjust my diet. No coffee no fizz drinks and so forth. I was so confused about the diagnoses because the doctor also told me that I could possibly have an stomach ulcer. I am constantly nauseous and I cannot eat properly. I weighed 58 kg and I have lost about 4 kilos. I only live of yougurt, rooibos tea and blant toast. I am so upset because my stomach are really acting up. I don't enjoy meals and I only eat to survive. I don't have stomach cramps or aches it is just the constant nausea and the burning feeling inside my tummy. Can you elaborate on GERD as well as stomach ulcer?

- 2019/07/24

GERD is caused by the stomach acid going back up into the esophagus. This usually happens because the sphincter that is supposed to keep the stomach acid from returning to the esophagus is not working correctly. lancap can usually help, but the medication is given for much longer than 5 days, this is the same for a stomach ulcer. Did you go for a gastroscopy? If the pain and discomfort persist, this is the next step, as well as longer treatment with the Lancap. Good luck and I hope that you feel better soon.