Question
Posted by: | 2018/07/02

Flu Vaccination

Good day Dr. I would like to know if this year's flu vaccine will protect you against swine flu. If it does give protection does it mean complete protection and what about babies who only get half a dose of the flu vaccination? How will exposure to the swine flu affect people who were vaccinated?

- 2018/07/05

The flu vaccination will not give complete protection against the swine flu. Th flu vaccination is "updated" every year to try and prevent the most serious and prevalent strains of the flu that are doing the rounds. It will give partial protection against the swine flu, but the flu viruses evolve constantly and one can never have complete protection against all strains that are doing the rounds. It is still a good idea to go for the flu vaccination. Good luck and I hope you do not get the flu this year.