Question
Posted by: Susana Caicedo | 2019/11/17

Finger turns green spontaneously - left arm feeling weird

Hello. This is my situation: I was at the office in front of my computer when I felt a very strong pain in my little left finger. When I looked at it it had turned green as if I had hit it really hard. It hurt a lot and I also noticed that it showed some really tiny red dots as if some vessels were breaking internally. I looked for help but I couldn't get any. Later, it turned purple but the pain was still there at touch and it was a little swollen, in the part where it was purple. In the meantime my hand felt weird, as if I felt the blood running through it and my left arm hurt. It was a very slight feeling so I thought it could be unimportant. I still consider it a symptom that could help solving my question. I went to the doctor but she said it was intolerance to cold, or raymbau syndrome. This explanation does not quite satisfy me since the coloration did not go away untile the day after and it had never happened to me. Finally, the day after I had an acute pain in the left side of my chest and back. I had to breath really slowly because as my lungs expanded the pain got worse. After a while it just went away. Maybe it is not correlated but it is what happened. I have had a weird feeling in my left arm. It feels as if it was in an uncomfortable position all the time or as if there was something limiting the blood supply to it or something. It just feels weird. So, I would like to know what caused this and if I should worry and search for more help. Thanks.

- 2019/11/20

Yes, please have these symptoms investigated. I would suggest an ECG, to make sure that the heart is not affected. There are some blood tests that can be done as well. I am especially worried about the pain that you experienced in the chest, back and arm. This could indicate that the heart or the lungs are affected. Good luck and I hope that you feel better soon.