Question
Posted by: Marie Thomas | 2020/09/18

Fiance's ex still friendly with his family and wreaks havoc with lies

Need to know how to get rid of ex who still after 35 years being divorced from my fiance is still so friendly with family has them even convinced that my fiance is the wicked person and they side with her - and she has manipulated her grandchildren (his grandchildrne also) and has mentally and emotionally abused them and also browbeaten their own daughter into being like her bitter nasty towards all men including her own husband. How to get her out of the picture and she is also a nasty racist against white people and hates that her ex (my fiance) who is black is marrying me a white French Canadian. And she has the whole family convinced not to accept me in any way shape or form even before meeting me in person. what to do? Please reply at my email: mariethomas@live.ca

- 2020/09/18

Gosh, what a very horrible person you are describing.  I gather from your email address ( we don't work through email on this site ) that you may be living in Canada.  You will need to start by seeing a good local psychologist with experience in awful families, perhaps a family therapist, so you and your fiancee can explore and discuss this problem in detail,  and to examine what options there may be. As this nasty woman is probably enjoying the upset she is causing you both, managing to avoid showing this to her may be usefully frustrating to her.  It sounds as though there might be quite a high degree of family pathology in this broader family that she has been able to take advantage of.  It also sounds as though she has remained deeply bitter about the divorce, and has not managed to create any sort of a wholesome life for herself, preferring to be a form of parasite on him and his life.