Question
Posted by: | 2018/09/21

Feeling hopeless

I went through a bad breakup last year with someone I loved, he was emotionally abusive towards me and cheated. I also failed my final year of varsity which was last year, my family was disappointed in me. This year I went back to school to try and finish but I'm not coping, I'm a mess, I got a job recently and still studying because I need the money but it just made things worse. I'm miserable and want a break from my life. I'm alone half the time I try to avoid people and conversation at work. My brain functions differently, I've noticed I'm getting slow. I'm helpless right now

- 2018/09/21

I understand that you have found this upsetting : though nobody deserves to remain in a relationship with someone who cheats and is emotionally abusive.  You deserve counselling help ( check what facilities varsity provides for students ) to help you dis-invest emotionally in the relationship you used to have with that loser, and to assess your current state of mind. You may, for instance, have become depressed, affecting your mood, and abilities to study and to work.  Explore the availability of CBT style psychological treatments, as these can be very useful, while antideprsant meds can interfere for a time with concentration.