Question
Posted by: Confused | 2020/04/13

Fear that I'm pregnant

I used the patch contraceptive on the 18th February 2020 until the 7th march 2020 when I took it off (yes I was changing it as per the instructions). I had my monthly cycle on the 10th March after using a light laxative because I was constipated. Had my period which was heavy for 3 days straight. I was expecting my cycle again now on the 10th April 2020, I had light cramps around the 7th April 2020 which I thought was periods starting but nothing happened. I feel really bloated like I feel fuller, tingling sensation around my breast, salavating more than usual. I did a home pregnancy test on the 10th April 2020 and it came back negative. Could I be pregnant and how possible is that given that I had my periods?? Is my period just late because I only started using it in March 2020?

- 2020/04/17

I presume that you have not been on contraception since the 7th March. As your period is now late, pregnancy is a possibility. This would have occurred after the 10th March when you had your last period. You probably tested too early so, if your period does not start in a  few days, repeat the pregnancy test.