Question
Posted by: Jenny | 2018/12/29

Fairly constant feeling of needing to clear throat

Have had this almost a year. Tried antihistamine, steroid puffer, cough suppressant, anti-reflux medication. Consulted ENT colleague (although pediatrician) couldn’t see any lesions etc. Cough seems worse after food. No coughing in bed at night.. Exhausting and irritating to me and everyone else with constant throat clearing. Am I nuts?

Expert ImageCough Expert
- 2019/01/09

This sounds very much acid coming up the food pipe or a post-nasal drip. Sometimes one can try different antihistamines and these may work. Have you tried changing your eating habits and also increasing the doses of antacid? If this doesn't help, I suggest you see a pulmonologist who will arrange more detailed investigations.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2019/01/16

Why do I have pains at my back when coughing.

Posted by: Glenda Davis | 2019/01/03

I have been dealing with this issue for about 3 years now. I have ruled out GERD and the various inhalers I have been given have not affected the cough. About the same time it started, I was dx with Oral Lichen Planus. Could the steroid gel I was prescribed for that to rub on my gums cause the cough?

Reply to Glenda Davis