Question
Posted by: | 2019/10/17

Swollen face and loss of consciousness

I have a condition in which my cheeks, underlip, skin over eyebrow swell. In this condition i also have dizziness, fog in my head, tingling in the limbs, my vision becomes blurred, fuzzy. It happens in 10-15 minutes after physical exercises (like a pull ups, push ups, cross fit but cardio goes normally) excitement, sex, masturbation. All of these symptoms lasts for about 20-40 hours. Duration of my conditions, how severe my face swells, power of all of these symptoms depends on duration of exercises or sexual activities. I also have a pulsating tinnitus in my right ear and flies in my vision in my "normal" condition without face swelling and other symptoms. In my "conditions" or seizures pulsating tinnitus is not different he always with me. Pulsating tinnitus depends on changing of body position, for example, when i tilt, noise in ear gets more loudly but flies in vision grows after exercises or sexual activities. When i'm in this condition exercises or sexual activity make worse my symptoms. In this way, last winter I lost my consciousness after a set of symptoms of my condition. Symptoms were on a maximum. I was hospitalized and doctors diagnosed epilepsy because when I was without consciousness I had some convulsions. I treated epilepsy for a while but it has no effect and my symptoms go on. Doctors excluded an allergy, angioneurotic edema, hereditary angioedema. My kidneys, liver, thyroid, thyroid-stimulating hormone are normal. Brain MRI: Arachnoid cyst of the posterior cranial fossa (3,7x9,8cm), asymmetry of the transverse and sigmoid sinuses and jagular veins (with extension on the right) Heart MRI : mitral and tricuspid regurgitation (1-2 degree), left and right divisions expanded, contractile function of the left ventricle is slightly reduced. Ultrasonography of the brachiocephalic arteries and veins: blood flow characteristics of brachiocephalic arteries are normal but there is decreasing of blood outflow in jugular vein due to stenosis of the lumen (14mm right jugular vein, 9 mm left) in my normal condition. Neurosonography is showed mild angiospasm also. In a blood test my Antistreptolysin O (ASO) is 505. I left some investigetions which have changes. Sorry for the huge text but i don't know what can i do else. I will be glad to hear any opinion. Thank you

Expert ImageAllergy expert
- 2019/10/25

I have absolutely no idea what is causing your symptoms, but perhaps see a Neurologist as you may have a rare form of Epilepsy from a vascular malformation.