Question
Posted by: PEPPER | 2020/09/01

Scorch mark on my hand

When you accidentally touch a hot surface with the top of your hand, but you did not burn a blister, just a sort of a scorch mark and burn when it comes in contact with water. I have something similar on the top of my left hand, but without a mark. When I noticed it in the bath one night, I thought I may have touched a hot surface without knowing, but I couldn't recall it, but because that is what it felt like, I ignored it. But this is now months ago, and even if I touch it with my other hand, it feels similar to a scorch/burn on the skin. My husband says there is a bit of redness, but what on earth can this be. Even if I open my hand and spread my fingers, the pulling of the skin feels once again, like a scorch/burn. I hope you have an inkling what the cause can be, as I tried to google it and nothing came up. Thanks

- 2020/09/15

It could be inflammation of the fascia of the hand (this is the layer that covers the muscles of the hand). This sometimes also happens in one's feet, it is called plantar fasciitis. It is rare to have it in one's hands though. The other possibility is a Vit B deficiency, especially Vit B 6 and B 12. You can go for a course of Vit B injections to see if this makes any difference. Good luck and stay safe.