Question
Posted by: Tevia | 2020/01/23

Eltroxin and Stresam

I have Hashimotas disease and I have been taken Eltroxin for it. I have recently been prescribed stresam for anxiety and panic attacks. Is it safe to take with Eltroxin?

- 2020/01/24

Hello Tevia,
I am not aware of any problem interactions between Elroxin and Stresam, and haven't found any reports of such problems. Theoretically, I'm not sure why there might be such problems.  Stresam has been around for a while now, and is useful in anxiety and as an anti-convulsant, but is fortunately different in structure to the more commonly used benzodiazepines like Valium, and seems unlikely to cause the problems they can cause