Question
Posted by: Anna marie | 2018/07/20

Pain in fingers and toes

Good morning Dr i have this pain in my fingers and toes.... I can't move my fingers in the morning and only after a few hours it starts to move The pain is so bad sometimes I can't  sleep because its so bad.... My skin is also very sensitive were the pain is... went to the Dr and they took blood for tests and said my body makes too much acid.... I don't have off rightist and all those other things... But the pain and problem is still the same after 7 months.... What do you think it can be...

Expert ImageHealthy Bones
- 2018/08/06

Hi Anna Marie

It does sound as if you have a type of arthritis called gout - that is when the uric acid levels are too high and causing arthritis like symptoms. You need to limit/avoid the intake of food such as red meat, alcohol etc. Anything that can make too much acid should be avoided. There is also medication available to lower the levels, but you should see your doctor again.