Question
Posted by: | 2018/05/23

Does reverse dieting work

Hi there, I have been dieting for many years and slowly reduced the number of calories I eat to a very low level. I think this has all effected my metabolism as even though I eat very little (about 1000KCal) I am maintaining my weight. I do not want to gain weight but eat would like to eat a 'normal' amount of food and have seen the phenomena of reverse dieting where you slowly eat more and then should not gain weight. Do you know of this and does it work? Thanks

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2018/06/05

The calorie value ideal to lose and maintain weight is individual It all depends on age, gender, body size, height and actvity level To know if the 1000 cal is adequate for you to maintain or lose need to be calculated by a dietitian She can also assit you in creasing the volme of the food you re consuming but keeping the calories low enough to prevent weight gain As this process requires a large amount of detail in terms of what how much why and when you consume food daily this platform does not allow me to do this Contact www.adsa.org.za for a dietitian in your area