Question
Posted by: | 2019/05/22

Does my wife have scabies

My wife experienced itching at night and after scratching she developed pimples only on the abdomen and thighs. The itching continued for 6 days and stopped, the pimples also healed living black spots. We are sleeping in the same bed with my wife and our 2 year old son and continue to have sex, but my son and I are not infected. After the itching stopped and pimples healed we visited the doctor and he said it is scabies without running any tests but I had my doubts. Please help me if this looks like scabies

- 2019/05/27

It is possible that it could have been scabies - it especially itches at night. It is obviously difficult to say for sure because I did not examine her. It could also be a skin reaction to the clothes or the bedding that she was using, or maybe she was using new washing powder or soap - but then the rash would have continued and not just stopped all of a sudden. I suggest that you check if you or your son have any rash and go to the doctor for treatment as soon as possible. It is also a good idea to wash all of the bedding and hang it in the sun. Good luck.