Question
Posted by: Tracy Broomfield | 2019/06/11

Do the body store hyaluronic acid ?

I am wondering if the body or skin stores hyaluronic acid. Do the body store hyaluronic acid the same way the body can store iron in levels ? Thank-you .

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert
- 2019/06/23

Hi Tracy and thank you for the question.

The body and the skin manufactures hyaluronic acid (HA) every 24 to 48 hours. It can’t be stored like our iron levels as we have an enzyme called hyaluronidase that is constantly breaking the HA down.

So, taking a daily supplement tat contains HA may be of benefit and I would highly recommend using a topical product/serum that contains HA and to apply it twice daily as part of your regime.

Some great HA serums are listed below (please note the list is not exhaustive as there are too many to list):

sk.in marvel

DERMACEUTIC Hyal Ceutic

SKINCEUTICALS H.A. Intensifier

DERMAQUEST Essential B5 Hydrating Serum

I hope the above has helped.

Kind regards

Dr Alek Nikolic