Question
Posted by: MF | 2020/09/24

Dizziness

Dear Dr., It's been already two weeks that I've been experiencing this strange dizziness... It started together with a chest pressure/mild pain. A blood test showed high blood cell and platelet counts, and ketones. I was on a diet at the moment so I droppped it. Two days later the chest pressure was still there, so I got put under observation at the hospital for 6 days. They did all sort of tests to try to find if I had a heart issue (ultrasound, ergometry, even a coronary catheterization), but all came negative. During the week at the hospital the chest pain disappeared and after I got discharged everything seemed ok again. But the dizziness returned after a couple of days. It's a very light dizziness. I do not loose my balance and I can work just fine, but it's always there. Sometimes I will get a headache or some pressure behind my eyes. After eating I feel slightly nauseous and full for a while, even if I do not eat much, and after a couple of hours the nausea is gone, but the dizziness is still there. Sometimes I feel a bit shaky and kind of tired. Any recommendation? Obviously I made the mistake to Google things and now I am scared that could be a brain tumor or something like that. Any information would be very muchappreciated. Many thanks in advance. MF

- 2020/10/02

The symptoms that you are experiencing could indicate various things and yes, Dr Google is the worst place to look :-) because, as you said, then you have a brain tumour. What you are experiencing could be symptoms of anxiety (are you going through a stressful time at the moment?) or it could be an indication of a hormone imbalance, such as thyroid over or under activity, or it could be an indication of a neurological problem (brain, but not necessarily brain tumour). If I were you, I would go to the doctor for a check-up, just to be safe. Good luck and I hope that you feel better soon.