Question
Posted by: Mpumelelo | 2019/12/13

Unfair treatment after pregnancy

I went on maternity earlier in the year and I returned to work on 02 December.I have been with company for 7 years. Since I came back I have been treated differently. My boss finds fault with everything.I had a lot of complications with my pregnancy and was off sick maybe once or twice. Now they told me I cant take leave or sick leave as I have already taken advantage while I was pregnant.I tried to take half day leave as my child was sick and they made a huge thing about it and decline my leave. I feel I am being treated unfairly as they are just trying to make things difficult for me. Should I resign? We don't really have an HR dept as my boss is the "HR". does this sound like unfair treatment?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer
- 2019/12/17

re: Unfair Treatment after pregnancy

You need to raise a grievance in writing as soon as possible.  If you don't get any responses you can refer this matter to the Commission for Conciliation Mediation and Arbitration by completing a 7.11 application.