Question
Posted by: Michael | 2019/05/17

Daily Asprin ... continue or stop

Iam a 33 year old male and am currently on ACE inhibitors for bp. I used to get random stabbing like pains in heart and I went to doctor and he performed an ECG which said I may have an abnormal T wave and RBB. But he also said it may be a coronary spasm. That was about 2 months ago. He referred me to see a cardiologist but couldn't go immediately because they are quite expensive and needed to raise the money. I had read online that daily asprin can perhaps alleviate it in the meantime so I started taking it. I have an appointment to see one mid June. Seeing as I have been taking daily asprin for 2 and a half months now is it dangerous for me to continue taking considering my age or is it worse for me to stop it?

Expert ImageHypertension expert
- 2019/05/17

I would continue, though stopping it would not hold any threat. The indication to take aspirin is not to relieve the pain, but to prevent a clot in a coronary artery (heart attack) or brain artery (stroke). Please let us know what the cardiologist find?