Posted by: | 2018/10/26

Divorce 2018

Hello she wants to move away from me with my child=DIVORCE. I'd rather have my child with me as I believe as a father I am more capable of looking after my child (8 yrs). I don't want my child to be raised by another man and she just accepts what other people say and that's my fear. She doesn't stand up and do what's best for the family, she just listens to other people's opinions. This is dangerous for me and the upbringing of my child. We are not staying in one house and we had plans of moving in together again. We were staying together for 10 years until the place was sold by my parents and we could not find an apartment quick enough to house all three. What can I do? How can I stop her from taking my child away? Please help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink
- 2018/10/26

Sorry to hear of this sad dispute. Primarily you need good legal advice : there should be  free law clinic at the law school at your nearest university ; and at the Magistrate's court there may be a family advocate who could give you good advice.  Contact Child Welfare for advice, especially if you have real concern about the possible safety and well-being of your child if she takes him.  A lawyer could tell you your rights, and the best thing may be to bring a case to the magistrate who is supposed to decide on what is best for the child, not based only on what the individual parents want.
Come on, other forum readers : some of you must have experience of such problems : offer some helpful advice.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anonymous | 2018/11/01

You don't indicate what actions you have taken to try to reconcile. I feel we are not getting the whole story here. You give no indication of why she would want to do this. This may be something that you can work out. Perhaps she is feeling that you did not do enough or your best to ensure that you find a place for the three of you. House sales don't happen overnight, so surely you had at least 2 weeks to find a place. Maybe she feels you don't take the relationship seriously or you have not prioritized your child and her, to ensure that you live together. Where are you living by the way? Try to work this out. show them you are committed to them and take the family seriously.

Reply to Anonymous
Posted by: Phil | 2018/10/29

You need to get a attorney. If the child is staying with her now, while you are not living in one house. Then more then likely until you get a court order it will remain the case.A good attorney will help you to get an interdict, preventing her from taking the child lets say to another province. The courts will then setup meetings with the family advocates, and decide whats best for the child.

Reply to Phil

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.